Library Wireless Internet Access
The Palos Heights Public Library offers free wireless, WiFi, access to the Internet for users with wireless-enabled laptop computers, tablet PC's or PDA's. The Library's network is open to all visitors. The Library's Internet Usage Policy applies to all Internet access in the building. To use the network, you must accept the Library's Internet Policy.
Click to view the Palos Height's Library Internet Policy.
In order to connect to the wireless network, the user needs an 11 Mbps 802.11b or 802.11g wireless network card. Wireless Internet access is available to users during the hours that the Library is open.
- The Palos Heights Public Library is a Microsoft environment, therefore, some browsers may not allow access to our network.
- When using the wireless network, you can print through the Library website using Remote Printing.
- Anti-virus, security and privacy protection is the responsibility of the user.
- Technical support from the library staff is not available.
- Remove any encryption you may be using.
- The network name or SSID is Paloswireless.
- If your laptop has been configured for network access, you may not be able to connect.
- These directions work on any operating system.
- Library staff is not authorized to configure your PC.
- Please follow the instructions on your screen to complete the login process.